The Office of the City Secretary acts as a progressive administrator of municipal duties and legal records entrusted to the office, to provide superior customer service to our citizens.
This office strives to be responsive to our citizens with professional knowledge, enthusiasm, and timely service.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties: The Office of the City Secretary accepts and validates petitions submitted.
To provide administrative support to the Mayor and City Council, City Manager and City Staff in many diversified ways. The city secretary attends City Council meetings and work sessions, documents City Council actions, certifies the authenticity of records, reviews City Council agenda items for completeness, prepares agendas, packets, and minutes, and maintains the City’s legislative history.
The Greenville City Council is composed of a Mayor, elected at-large, and six (6) Council positions, elected from six geographically defined single member districts. Each serve three (3) year terms and are elected by the qualified voters of the City. No person shall serve more than two (2) consecutive terms or six (6) years consecutively.
Current Council Members: ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:
- Mayor David Dreiling (At Large) Register to Vote
- District 1 Mayor Pro Tem Jerry Ransom Voter District Map
- District 2 Al Atkins Council Agendas/Minutes
- District 3 Kristen Washington ELECTION INFORMATION SITES
- District 4 Tim Kruse Texas Ethics Commission
- District 5 Brent Money Texas Secretary of State
Boards and Commissions
The city secretary facilitates the board and commission appointment process by receiving and maintaining applications submitted by citizens for consideration by City Council.
Records Management Program
The city secretary coordinates the records management program and monitors the off-site records storage center. The records management program provides for the identification, maintenance, retention, security, disposition and preservation of city records. The program is established by State law and city code.
Code of Ordinances of the City of Greenville
The City of Greenville has contracted with Franklin Legal Publishing to make the City’s Code of Ordinances available through the internet to all interested parties. You can access our Code and Charter online and that of other cities across Texas and the United States.
- Administer open records requests as required by the Texas Public Information act (excluding Police reports) Public Information form
- Prepare and maintain the official records of the city including ordinances, resolutions, contracts, and other legal documents
- Prepare ceremonial items
- Establishes and maintains open communications with the City Council, City Manager, City staff and citizens
- Supervise the codification, supplement, and distribution of the Code of Ordinances
- Administers Oaths of Office
- Attest contracts and other legal instruments when executed by the authorized officers of the City of Greenville
- Perform such other duties as may be required by the Mayor, City Council, City Manager, City Charter or State and Federal law