For the November 2020 Election, Early Voting is held at the Fletcher Warren Civic Center in Greenville or The Caddo Mills Administration Building in Caddo Mills.
EARLY VOTING ROSTER
CGR = City Greenville SGR = School Greenville
Precinct 104 CGR6
Precinct 105 CGR4 CGR4/SGR5 CGR6
Precinct 106 CGR2 CGR2/SGR2 CGR3/SGR2 CGR5 CGR5/SGR2
Precinct 107 CGR1/SGR4 CGR1 CGR2/SGR2 CGR2/SCR4 CGR2 CGR3/SGR2 CGR3/SGR4 CGR3
Precinct 108 CGR1/SGR4 CGR2 CGR4/SCR5 CGR4 CGR5
Precinct 210 CGR5/SGR2
Precinct 211 CGR1/SGR3 CGR1/SGR4 CGR2/SGR2 CGR3/SGR2 CGR3/SGR4
Precinct 212 CGR1/SGR3 CGR1/SGR4 CGR3/SGR4 CGR3/SGR2
Precinct 324 CGR1/SGR3
Precinct 325 CGR1/SGR3 CGR1/SGR4 CGR2/SGR5 CGR4/SGR4 CGR4/SGR5
Precinct 430 CGR4/SGR5 CGR4
Precinct 433 CGR2 CGR4 CGR5/SGR2 CGR5 CGR6
Precinct 434 CGR4/SGR5
Places 3 and 4 (unopposed) May 2, 2020
POSTPONED UNTIL NOVEMBER 3, 2020
Places 5, 6, 7 (Mayor) May 1, 2021
Places 1 and 2 May 6, 2022
May 02, 2020 (To Be Held November 3, 2020) General ElectionThe City's General Election for Places 3 and 4 (unopposed candidate) will be held Tuesday, November 3, 2020, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. For general questions regarding this election, please contact the City Secretary's Office at 903-457-3130 or by Email Carole Kuykendall. First Steps for Candidates Running for a City Office.
(Dia de eleccion 2 de mayo)
Notice of Unopposed Candidate for Place 4 - Tim Kruse
Notice of Special Election Proposition A NOVEMBER 3, 2020
Notice of Special Election Proposition B NOVEMBER 3, 2020
Notice of Special Election Proposition C NOVEMBER 3, 2020
Notice of General Election and Special Elections A, B, C NOVEMBER 3, 2020
Notice of Bond Election
Voter Information Document Bond Election
Sample Ballot with Propositions A, B, C
The Greenville City Council is composed of a Mayor, elected at-large, and six (6) Council positions, elected from six geographically-defined single member districts. Each serve three (3) year terms and are elected by the qualified voters of the City. No person shall serve more than two (2) consecutive terms or six (6) years consecutively. The Council seats for District 3 and District 4 (unopposed) will be on the November 3, 2020 ballot.
Current Council Members: ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:
District 3 John Turner ELECTION INFORMATION SITES
District 6 Cedric Dean
Candidates for May 2, 2020 Election
Election Postponed until November 3, 2020
| DISTRICT 3
| DISTRICT 4
Appointment of Campaign Treasurer
General Election Information
The City holds its General Election in accordance with State law on the first Saturday in May. The Hunt County Elections Administrator conducts early voting (Hunt County Voter Administration 2217 Washington Street) and election day voting (Districts 1, 2, 3, Fletcher Warren Civic Center 5501 US Bus 69 S and Districts 4, 5, 6, Reecy Davis Recreation Center 4320 Lee Street) for the City of Greenville. Each Councilmember is elected for a three year period.
For the November 2020 Election, Early Voting is held at the Fletcher Warren Civic Center in Greenville or The Caddo Mills Administration Building in Caddo Mills. Election Day voting will be at your County voting place. That number is one your voter registration card.
Información sobre Elecciones Generales
La Ciudad celebra su Elección General conforme a la ley estatal el primer sábado de mayo. El Administrador Electoral del Condado de Hunt lleva a cabo la votación adelantada (Oficina de Administración de Votos del Condado de Hunt 2217 Washington Street) y la votación el día de la elección para la Ciudad de Greenville (Distritos 1, 2, 3, Fletcher Warren Civic Center 5501 US Bus 69 S/Distritos 4, 5, 6, Reecy Davis Recreation Center 4320 Lee Street). Cada Concejal es elegido por un periodo de tres años.
Filing Requirements and Qualifications to Run for City Council
- 21 years of age;
- Must be a United States citizen;
- At the date of his or her election, a qualified voter of the City;
- Shall have resided for at least one (1) year next preceding the date he or she files for office within the State of Texas, and shall have also resided for at least six (6) months next preceding the date he or she files for office within the corporate limits of the City of Greenville and at the time of filing for office reside within the Council district which he or she represents;
- Have not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court;
- Have not been convicted of a felony from which the candidate has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
- An Application for a Place on the Greenville General Election Ballot must be filed with the City Secretary and will be available in your Candidate Packet;
- Candidate Packets are generally available the first part of January in the City Secretary's Office.
- It is prohibited to accept campaign contributions or make any expenditures before CTA form has been filed with the City Secretary.
- The Texas Ethics Commission generates the CTA form and instructions and will be available in your Candidate Packet;
- Title 15 of the Texas Election Code pertains to filing requirements for expenditure statements.
- Questions regarding reporting procedures, contributions or expenditures should be directed to the Texas Ethics Commission at 1-800-325-8506 or 512-463-5800.
Campaign Finance Report:
- Campaign Filing Schedule (under normal election cycle)
- Due 30th day before Election
- Due 8th day before Election
- Final Report - may be filed at any time after the election
- If a final report is not filed, Semi-Annual Reports will be due each year on January 15 and July 15.