Stage 5 - Emergency Water Shortage Conditions
Achieve a 40% reduction in total water use/daily demand
Supply Management Measures
Continue pumping from Lake Tawakoni
Discontinue flushing of water mains
Water Use Restrictions
All requirements of Stage 2, Stage 3 and Stage 4 shall remain in effect during Stage 4 except:
- Irrigation of landscaped areas is absolutely prohibited. All outdoor uses of water is prohibited except for the direct need to protect and preserve the health, safety and welfare of the public.
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicle is absolutely prohibited.
Prohibited Water Uses
The following uses of water are defined as non-essential and are prohibited:
- Use of water to wash down any sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or other hard-surfaced areas
- Use of water to wash down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection
- Use of water for dust control
- Flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutt or street
- Failing to repair a controllable water leak within a reasonable period after having been given notice directing the repair of said leak
Wholesale Water Customers
Wholesale water customers of the City of Greenville are also subject to Stage 5 restrictions.
The City of Greenville is confident that water customers will voluntarily observe the requirements of the Water Conservation and Drought Contingency Plan. If however, compliance is not observed, the person failing to comply is subject to the following:
Any person who violates this Plan is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, shall be punished by a fine of not less than fifty dollars ($50.00) and not more than two hundred dollars ($200.00). Each day that one or more of the provisions in this Plan is violated shall constitute a separate offense. If a person is convicted of three or more violations, after due notice to the customer, water service may be terminated.
A citation may be issued by any employee of the City of Greenville or a Police Office so designated by the City Manager.