Burglar and Fire Alarms
Alarm Permit Renewal
Sec. 6.06.056 Duration and renewal
(a) A permit is issued for a twelve (12) month permit cycle according to the permit renewal schedule. It is the responsibility of the permit holder to submit a completed application to renew the permit at least ten (10) days prior to the permit expiration date noted on the alarm permit. (1990 Code, sec. 3.907)
(b) The permit cycle is determined by the first letter of the last name of the person listed on the application for a residential alarm permit and by the first letter of the business name for a business.
|A - B||October||10/31 23:59:59|
|C - D||November||11/30 23:59:59|
|E - F||December||12/31 23:59:59|
|G - H||January||1/31 23:59:59|
|I - J||February||2/28 23:59:59|
|K - L||March||3/31 23:59:59|
|M - N||April||4/30 23:59:59|
|O - P - Q||May||5/31 23:59:59|
|R - S||June||6/30 23:59:59|
|T - U||July||7/31 23:59:59|
|V - W||August||8/31 23:59:59|
|X - Y - Z||September||9/30 23:59:59|
Alarm Permit/Renewal Fees
(1) Residential Alarm Permit/Renewals $30
(2) Commercial Alarm Permit/Renewals $50
Burglar and Fire Alarm Service Fees
(1) Late Fees - Late fees in the amount of $25 shall be added when false alarm fees have not been paid by the last day of the month of issuance.
(2) Revocation of Alarm Permit - When the false alarm fees have not been paid for three (3) months, the alarm permit will be revoked and subject to the penalty set in this code.
(3) Suspension of Alarm Permit - If the permit holder experiences eleven (11) false alarms within a calendar year, the alarm system is classified as unreliable and the permit is suspended. An inspection of the alarm system will be required. Detailed documentation of the inspection including the status of all inspection points and steps to correct any errors shall be sent to the alarm permit administrator.
(4) Inactive, Revoked, or Suspended Fee Schedule - Inactive, revoked, or suspended fees. A person who violates a provision of this article is guilty of a separate offense for each violation committed, continued, or permitted, and each offense is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $500. A fee shall be assessed in the amount of $30.00 to reinstate an inactive, revoked, or suspended alarm permit, in addition to the annual non-refundable fee pursuant to section A6.06.051 if the alarm permit has expired.
(6) Right to Appeal - You have the right to appeal this decision to the Alarm Permit Administrator by filing a written request for a hearing setting forth the reasons from the appeal within then (10) days after the receipt was mailed.
If you have any questions, please call (903) 457-0508 or (903) 457-2900.