Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
2. Verify Zoning: Check the official Zoning Map and Permitted Use Schedule in Section 4-1 of the Zoning Ordinance to verify that the proposed use of the property is permitted. Copies of the zoning map and zoning ordinance are available at the Community Development Office at 2315 Johnson St. If the proposed use is not permitted by the City’s Zoning Ordinance, ask the City’s Community Development Staff about options.
3. Verify Platting: If the project is an interior remodel of an existing building or an agricultural accessory building, skip down to Step 4. Otherwise, check the legal description of the property from a warrantee deed, tax notice, or other legal document. If you cannot locate the legal description, please call the Hunt County Tax Appraisal District at (903) 454-3510 and ask them to give you the legal description. If the property is part of a platted subdivision, the legal description will include a lot number, block number, and subdivision name. If the project is a new building, addition, or residential storage building larger than 400 sq. ft., and the property is not part of a platted subdivision, you will be required to complete the platting process before applying for a building permit. Ask the Community Development Staff for details.
Before any part of a property is sold within the City of Greenville or its Extra-Territorial Jurisdiction (ETJ), a plat showing the proposed subdivision must be approved by the City of Greenville. The plat must be prepared by a Registered Professional Land Surveyor (RPLS). Prior to approval, the plat will be reviewed for compliance with the City’s subdivision regulations located in Chapter 13 of the Code of Ordinances. This review will also determine if the property is served by water and sewer lines of sufficient size and capacity. The review will be performed by the City’s Development Review Committee (DRC). After the plat is corrected to include all the comments of the DRC, it will be approved.
4. Review the Building Permit Plan Review Checklist: A complete Building Permit Plan Review Checklist is required with every building permit application. The Checklist outlines all the information required for your application. Copies of the Checklist are available at the Community Development Office at 2315 Johnson St. and are included in the Developer’s and Builder’s Guide.
5. Prepare Application Materials: After reviewing the Building Permit Plan Review Checklist, prepare all the information required for your building project as outlined in the Plan Review Checklist.
6. Submit Application: Submit all the required application materials to the Community Development Office:2315 Johnson St.Greenville, TX 75401
A complete application must include the following:
A Fee Estimate may be calculated using the link to the City of Greenville Online Action Center at: MyGov Fee Estimator