Greenville-Hunt County Regional Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility
3108 Sockwell Blvd.
Ph: (903) 457-2958
Fx: (903) 457-3140
1st and 3rd Tuesday
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
8:00 am - 12 Noon
City of Greenville and Hunt County residents have a permanent collection center for disposing of hazardous household waste products. The Greenville Hunt County Regional Household Hazardous Waste Center is open the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm and the 4th Saturday of each month from 8:00 am to 12 Noon.
The Greenville-Hunt County Regional Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility is available to residents of participating cities and residents in the unincorporated areas of Hunt County free of charge.
The facility was constructed by funding fron the North Central Texas Council of Governments and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and is operational by funding through local participating entities within Hunt County.
- Caddo Mills
- Hunt County (unincorporated areas)
- Lone Oak
- Union Valley
- West Tawakoni
- Wolfe City
The facility is located at:
3108 Sockwell Blvd.
Hours of Operation (subject to change)
1st & 3rd Tuesday
4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
8:00 am to 12 Noon
Vouchers are available on site when dropping off items. It is no longer necessary to obtain a voucher before coming to the HHW center.
Items Accepted (subject to change)
Chemicals must be in their original labeled containers, except for used motor oil and cooking oil. There is a 5-gallon limit, per product, per visit.
Items accepted include:
- Aerosol cans
- Ammunition (spent cartridges only)
- Batteries (household, rechargeable, cell phone, automotive, boat)
- Cooking oil
- Drain cleaners
- Fluorescent bulbs (including CFL)
- Fuels (gasoline, diesel, propane)
- Herbicides & Pesticides (household only - no commercial or agricultural)
- Household cleaners
- Motor oil & filters
- Paints, thinners, solvents & stains*
- Pool Chemicals (household only)
- Thermometers & thermostats
- Tires (automobile, pickup or smaller - must be removed from wheels)**
*Latex paint can be dried and safely disposed of with regular household trash
**Limit 6 tires per visit
Items Not Accepted
- Household appliances
- Lawn & yard waste
- Live ammunition
- Medical waste (syringes)
- Radioactive materials
Proper disposal of household hazardous waste keeps the environment clean and protects our community.
- Do not mix chemicals
- Do not eat, drink or smoke when handling household hazardous waste
- Do not transport in the same part of your vehicle as passengers or pets
- Keep products in their original containers
- Place items in a box to prevent spills
- Gasoline and other fuel is highly flammable and should only be transported in cans or containers designed for that purpose
- Wash hands after handling household hazardous waste materials
The City of Greenville, Hunt County and the participating cities are pleased to provide this service to our residents.