Public Information Requests

Texas Government Code, Chapter 552, gives you the right to request documents from the City. The City of Greenville's designated Records Management Officer is the City Secretary.

To obtain documents, please submit a written request (Public Information Request Form (PDF) to the City Secretary's Office that includes ample information and detail regarding the requested information to allow staff to identify and locate the requested items. All government information is presumed to be available to the public, however, certain exceptions may apply. The request must be made for records or information in existence. The Texas Public Information Act does not require the City to answer questions, create documents or records; create statistics or other analyses; perform legal research, or comply with a continuing request to supply information on a periodic basis. 

State law allows the city to recover costs associated with open records requests. These are set rates through the Texas Administrative Code. See Charges Associated with Open Records Requests

As a general rule, documents generated and records kept by the City are public records and available upon request. The Texas Public Information Act (TPIA) provides several exceptions to the general rule.

To make a public information request (form available online (PDF), you may submit it to:

  • City of Greenville Texas - Municipal Building
    City Secretary's Office
    2821 Washington St
    P.O. Box 1049
    Greenville, TX 75403-1049
  • Email Carla Oldacre