1. Call

Call the Community Development Department at (903) 457-3100 before visiting our offices to apply for a Certificate of Occupancy.

We will discuss the details of the proposed occupancy and outline the information you will need to bring with you when you come to our office to apply. Please have the physical address of the property before you call.

2. Verify Zoning

Check the official Zoning Map and Permitted Use Schedule in Section 4-1 of the Zoning Ordinance to verify that the proposed occupancy of the building is permitted.

Zoning Ordinance 

 If the proposed use is not permitted by the City's Zoning Ordinance, ask the City's Community Development staff about options.

3. Submit a Certificate of Occupancy Application

Fill out and submit a Certificate of Occupancy Application to the Community Development office, located at:
2315 Johnson St.
Greenville, TX 75401

Or email: