General Election - Places 5, 6 and 7 (Mayor) May 1, 2021
Special Election - Place 1 (One-Year Unexpired Term)
General Election - Places 1 and 2 May 6, 2022
General Election - Places 3 and 4 May 6, 2023
For May 1, 2021 General and Special Election:
Notice of Deadline to File Application for Place on Ballot
(January 13 - February 12)
April 1, 2021 - Last Day to Register to Vote
April 19, 2021 - April 27, 2021 - Early Voting
Application For A Place on the Greenville General/Special Election Ballot
Local Filers Candidate/Officeholder
Political and Campaign Signs
Candidate Packets are available to be pickup from 2821 Washington Street. Please call 903-457-3130 or 903-457-3121 for an appointment.
The Greenville City Council is composed of a Mayor, elected at-large, and six (6) Council positions, elected from six geographically-defined single member districts. Each serve three (3) year terms and are elected by the qualified voters of the City. No person shall serve more than two (2) consecutive terms or six (6) years consecutively.
Current Council Members: ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:
District 3 Kristen Washington ELECTION INFORMATION SITES
District 6 Cedric Dean
Candidates for May 1, 2021 Election
| DISTRICT 6
(1 Year Unexpired Term)
Code of Fair Campaign
General Election Information
The City holds its General Election in accordance with State law on the first Saturday in May. The Hunt County Elections Administrator conducts early voting (Hunt County Voter Administration 2217 Washington Street) and election day voting (Districts 1, 2, 3, Fletcher Warren Civic Center 5501 US Bus 69 S and Districts 4, 5, 6, Reecy Davis Recreation Center 4320 Lee Street) for the City of Greenville. Each Councilmember is elected for a three year period.
Información sobre Elecciones Generales
La Ciudad celebra su Elección General conforme a la ley estatal el primer sábado de mayo. El Administrador Electoral del Condado de Hunt lleva a cabo la votación adelantada (Oficina de Administración de Votos del Condado de Hunt 2217 Washington Street) y la votación el día de la elección para la Ciudad de Greenville (Distritos 1, 2, 3, Fletcher Warren Civic Center 5501 US Bus 69 S/Distritos 4, 5, 6, Reecy Davis Recreation Center 4320 Lee Street). Cada Concejal es elegido por un periodo de tres años.
Filing Requirements and Qualifications to Run for City Council
- 21 years of age;
- Must be a United States citizen;
- At the date of his or her election, a qualified voter of the City;
- Shall have resided for at least one (1) year next preceding the date he or she files for office within the State of Texas, and shall have also resided for at least six (6) months next preceding the date he or she files for office within the corporate limits of the City of Greenville and at the time of filing for office reside within the Council district which he or she represents;
- Have not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court;
- Have not been convicted of a felony from which the candidate has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
- An Application for a Place on the Greenville General Election Ballot must be filed with the City Secretary and will be available in your Candidate Packet;
- Candidate Packets are generally available the first part of January in the City Secretary's Office.
- It is prohibited to accept campaign contributions or make any expenditures before CTA form has been filed with the City Secretary.
- The Texas Ethics Commission generates the CTA form and instructions and will be available in your Candidate Packet;
- Title 15 of the Texas Election Code pertains to filing requirements for expenditure statements.
- Questions regarding reporting procedures, contributions or expenditures should be directed to the Texas Ethics Commission at 1-800-325-8506 or 512-463-5800.
Campaign Finance Report:
- Campaign Filing Schedule (under normal election cycle)
- Due 30th day before Election
- Due 8th day before Election
- Final Report - may be filed at any time after the election
- If a final report is not filed, Semi-Annual Reports will be due each year on January 15 and July 15.