Water Distribution

Reporting a Problem

You can report water main breaks or clogged sewer lines 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays, by calling one of these numbers:
  • Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm - (903) 457-3152
  • After 5:00 pm, weekends, or holidays - (903) 457-2948

Water Breaks

Signs of a broken water main include water shooting up or running down the street and buckled pavement.

Clogged Sewer Lines

If your sewer is backing up, call the City of Greenville Wastewater Collection Department first at (903) 457-3152.

City crews can make sure that the stoppage is not in the City-owned portion of the sewer line before you are out the expense of a private plumber.