R.A.D. - Rape Aggression Defense System
For Women Only
The Rape Aggression Defense System is a program of realistic self-defense tactics and techniques developed for women. The R.A.D. System is a comprehensive, women-only course that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction, and risk avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on self-defense training.
The Greenville Police Department will present the R.A.D. program free of charge for teen and adult females age 13 and older. This opportunity is made possible by generous donations from:
- The F. L. Young Foundation
- Altrusa International
- L-3 Communications
- Atmos Energy
- Redeemer Lutheran Church
- GPD Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association
The program is designed to help women overcome the effects of sexual violence by teaching assertiveness, awareness, risk reduction, avoidance, and physical defense options and strategies.
Empowering women through self-defense!
"To develop and enhance the options of self defense, so they may become viable considerations to the woman who is attacked." - Larry Nadeau, R.A.D. Founder
More information on R.A.D. can be found on the official website.
- Classes designed for all fitness levels and abilities (women who are pregnant, or have an injury or condition for which they are being treated, should not take the class until medically cleared)
- Adult and teen females - ages 13 and above
- 75% physical - 25% classroom
- Students 13-15 must participate with a parent or guardian
- Students 16-17 may participate alone with a signed parental consent form
- Wear work-out attire, tennis or athletic shoes, and bring a towel and water bottle
- Bring the necessary forms (available below)
For more information on upcoming classes contact:
Lt. Eric Camp
Please download needed forms and bring them, completed, to the first class. All participants will need a waiver and R.A.D. release form. Participants under the age of 18 will also need the R.A.D. Parental Consent form.
R.A.D. Waiver - Adult
R.A.D. Waiver - Minor
R.A.D. Parental Consent