News Flash

Home News

Posted on: November 1, 2018

Board and Commission Members Needed

Get Involved

The City of Greenville is looking for citizens to apply to serve on a few City Boards and Commissions due to resignations or the end of terms for some members.

Serving on a City’s Board or Commission is an excellent way to get involved with local government and learn the inner workings of the City. Board members are appointed by the City Council as terms expire or vacancies arise.

Appointees should be residents of the City of Greenville, unless the requirement is waived by the City Council. They must be a registered voter and should not be party to litigation against the City. Applicants should also be current on all taxes and utilities.

Most boards and commissions meet monthly on a predetermined date while some meet only on an “as needed” basis. Applications for the Animal Shelter Advisory Board, Library Advisory Board, Main Street Advisory Board, Planning and Zoning Commission, Substandard Structures Board, and Zoning Board of Adjustment are currently needed. An interview process may follow after applications are received.

Applications are retained for a period of one year. Applications and information are available online at or from the City Secretary’s Office. 903-457-3130 or 2821 Washington Street.  

Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email

Other News in Home News

Council Map E 12_20_16

2019 Election

Posted on: November 16, 2018

Christmas Parade

Posted on: November 15, 2018
City Building

City Council

Posted on: April 11, 2016