When is a Certificate of Design Compliance Required?
A Certificate of Design Compliance is required before any person or entity may make any external alterations or external repairs of any substantial nature in any manner whatsoever to any area, site, building, or structure within the confines of the Central Area (CA) Zoning District. External alterations and external repairs include but are not limited to the following:
  • The construction of a new structure
  • The alteration or restoration of any exterior feature of an historic resources
  • An addition to a structure
  • The removal of demolition, in whole or in part, of any building or structure (unless ordered by the City's Substandard Structures Rehabilitation Board)
  • The construction or erection of a new sign
  • The removal or substantial alteration of existing signs where such signs are considered on historic resources
  • Applying a new exterior siding material
  • Addition of a new window, door, or dormer
  • Installation of burglar bars on interior or exterior of windows
  • Creating a driveway or parking facility
  • Adding a satellite dish
  • Building a deck, fence, or garage
  • Enclosing a porch

Show All Answers

1. When is a Certificate of Design Compliance Required?
2. Does ordinary maintenance and repair require the approval of a Certificate of Design Compliance?
3. How do I apply for a Certificate of Design Compliance